It's hard to believe how quickly each month passes. Josephine talks so much now and not just repeating words but asks for things and names off things she knows like duck when she sees a duck. She says please (peas), thank you, I sorry, without prompting. She nows says 3 word phrases like "I lub you", "I see you", "I get you". At dinner I was eating a big green salad and she asked for some of mine. She said "peas" (please) so I gave her some pieces of lettuce and she kept asking for more. I gave her some edamame which she called "mommy" and when I gave her some green beans she picked up one in each hand and said "two". I don't know who taught her to count but this girl is way above average. She says "no" to a lot of things and does naughty things on purpose so I guess she's "normal" in that sense. This week when she's woken up, with her hair in her eyes, she looks up to her shelf and asks for her Bible. Before nap time and bed she also asks for her Bible. It's a special one Gram and Papa gave her during her first week of life. She's just now taken interest in it and will sit still for awhile as I read/skim through the Bible stories. For her first reading recently of
Go Dog Go and the
Cat in the Hat she sat through the whole thing. Those are not short books. Recently reading
Are you My Mother she got bored after the first page. When it's sunny she loves looking at her shadow in the morning before getting out of her crib. She says "hi shadow". We're hoping for more warm sunny days.
16 weeks old. Remember how her hair used to stand straight up? She was interested in her shadow way back then.
She loves watching daddy.
My friend Thea passed on a baby doll stroller and Josie much prefers to be in it herself. This video shows her in it and her foot is "stuck". She says and signs "peas " after asking if she needs help. She does end up putting her baby doll in the stroller but had to trim the video clip to post so this version doesn't show it. Thea also passed along a baby doll high chair which Josie also loves.
Saying bye-bye to daddy but first says "ew" when daddy and mommy kiss or maybe that was my imagination. She also says "I lub you".
At bed time she asked for her "Hello" music which is from our music class and we have the cd of all the songs. I put it on and she started jumping around. Then she looks up on her shelf and asks for her "Bible". After I tell her tomorrow she says "okay" and then in a sad voice says "Bible".
No comments:
Post a Comment