Thursday, February 2, 2012

2 yrs old

Happy Birthday sweet Josephine!

I remember when you were born as if was yesterday. You weren't in a hurry to make your debut. You were 10 days late and then I had to push for two hours before you popped out. You have barely stopped moving since that day. You are a girl on the go. You were such a sweet, adorable baby, that thrived on a schedule and made our jobs as parents pretty easy; sleep, eat, play. Ah, those were the days. I loved to watch you discover things and the way you smiled and cooed. You were always so chatty and that hasn't stopped. I remember the days when we wrapped you up like a burrito every nap and night time. Soon you made your way out of that and we put you in a sleep sack. You loved being cozy. You just needed your paci and blankie and you were content to go to sleep.


Josie and her Grandparents


Here you are at two and you're no longer a baby. Where did the time go? You continue to bring so much joy into our lives. We love your sweet voice as you sing songs, pray, talk a mile a minute, ask endless questions, cry your little heart out. You express yourself so well and understand so much. You say the cutest things. I love our bedtime routine. After jammies and wash-up we read some books. Once in your bed we pray and I usually read scripture verses over you. Your memory verse that you've been saying for awhile is "The Lord God is my strength, Habakkuk 3:17".You love to be tickled and have your back rubbed. About 3 weeks before your birthday you reluctantly gave up your paci and now you've pretty much gotten used to falling asleep without it. You always have your cozy green blankie with you. Now when you wake up you call for me. I love coming into your room. Your hair is usually in some crazy hairstyle and you look so cute standing there in your cozy pjs. You love to give hugs and kisses and your often say I love you mommy and I love you daddy. You melt our heart our little valentine. We love you, mommy and daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment