Sunday, December 2, 2012

2 years 10 months

Josie is definitely growing up. It's sad in a way and I miss her as a baby. I do love watching her grow and mature and it's great having real conversations with her. This past month she's been very interested in cutting with scissors. She wants to cut everything. It does get a little messy. She pretty much sticks to cutting her own papers and catalogs we give her. She's getting more opinionated about what she wears. In the video at the end you'll see her in tights and a skirt she picked out. I wouldn't have put her in that combination but it looks pretty cute. She did have a bright green t-shirt over her pink shirt that I made her take off. She's still at 29 lbs and now 37 inches (last month she was 35 3/4 so maybe my crude measurements against the wall are a little off).

A few funny things she's said this month. 
  • "Mommy, more Brussels sprouts please." She actually liked them roasted. It was the first time I've every cooked them. We ate left over roasted veggies the next night and she said, " More onions and mushrooms please." (Is this my kid?)
  • After putting her in her car seat and putting a pony tail in her hair I got in my seat. "Mom, usually when you shut my door I have my buckle on and when you drive away I don't fall out." I looked in my rear view mirror and sure enough I forgot to buckle her in. Luckily I hadn't driven away yet.
  • At dinner one night she said to us, "Can I have a kitty for my birthday?" What would you name your kitty? "Bunco". 
  • After decorating our tree yesterday, out of the blue she asked, "Mommy do we celebrate Chanukah? Are we Jewish?"
  • Josie what do you want for dinner? "A sandwich." What kind? "A Grandpa Anderson sandwich." When my family is all together we enjoy making delicious steak sandwiches that were a specialty of my Grandpa Anderson. 
  • For months she's been talking about her birthday and how she wants to have a skateboard and lollipop party. Here's a recent conversation. "Mom, remember I'm going to have a lollipop and skateboard party?" Yes I remember. What do you do at a skateboard party? "Mom, I don't know how to skateboard. What other things can you do?" (I didn't have a good answer for her.A couple days later she said, "Mom, I'm going to have a lollipop and bike party."
  • I asked to her get down from the Christmas storage bins she climbed on top of that were next to the couch. "Mommy, I want to be higher. How can I get up higher?" Standing on the couch wasn't high enough. One day I found her inside her closet. She had climbed on the shelf using her stool and was sitting inside a big basket. This girl likes to climb and be on top of everything. She loves to climb up the drawers and sit on the kitchen counter. She often asks to climb on the roof like daddy. 
  •  An un-funny thing she's been unfortunately saying quite a bit. "I don't want to go potty!"
  • Last night when she was stalling, b/c as usual she wasn't tired and didn't want to go to bed, she said she needed another hug and kiss. As I was going out after that she said, "Don't leave, I need to say I love you a bunch of times."

She also likes taping and pasting things as well as fixing things. She saw our broken chair and she said she's a good "fixer" just like daddy. She ran and got her tool box. 

Cousin Paige turned 3 on Nov 5. It was fun to see some "old fashioned" games with a new twist. Hot potato is now hot crown and pin the tail on the donkey is put the crown on the princess which Josie was no good at. At least we were assured she wasn't peaking. She had to be directed to stay on the poster or probably would have walked out the door. Other games were bean bag toss and they had a princess pinata. 

This is a first for Josie, falling asleep at the table. I was already cleaning up the kitchen and had just given her a tangerine and then I looked over and her head was bobbing. Poor thing was all tuckered out at 7pm. It was Sunday and we'd been at the park for about 90 min. before dinner. After a couple min. (while mom was documenting the moment) she turned sideways to rest her head. I wiped her face and hands and carried her to bed. She woke up and asked if we could snuggle on the couch. As much as I wanted to have her sleep in my arms on the couch I thought it would be better for her to get a good night sleep.

We went to Aunt Gaylynne's and Uncle Bill's to skype with cousin Sophia in Spain. Josie was mostly jumping around but on and off she sat down to talk to Sophia.
 

Then we headed out to the chicken coop to pick some eggs.
 
 Just as Gaylynne was handing over the chicken it laid it's egg. We were so surprised to see an egg pop out. It landed on the ground but didn't crack. The eggs were delicious.

Next we picked some pomegranates. Very delicious as well.

We headed to the barn to feed the horses. What a view the horses have. 
 



Josie and I haven't been to My Gym in a long time. She did a great job on the climbing wall and wanted to do a flip on the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment