In January our new neighbors Mike, Kathy, Anthony and Adrianna moved in across the street. We stopped by to bring them a meal and Kathy was making this over the top pirate ship birthday cake for Anthony. I casually said maybe she could help me with Josie's cake. Well help me she did. Or I should say I helped her. The cake came out so cute and it was really tasty too. We made the cake a week ahead of time and froze it and we made most of the decorations ahead of time too. The decorations were made out of fondant which I'd never heard of before. My dear friend Bizet who I've know since preschool days even got in on the fun. She was visiting for the weekend and helped with the cake prep. On the morning of the party I went back over to "help" ice the cake and put all the decorations on the cake and on the cake box. Even Mike helped out with cutting out the wings and placing them in the right place. I was a little worried holding the box on my lap as we drove winding, hilly streets to get to the party. Josie, hope you like it!

Ta da......

Josie did in fact love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment