Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chicken Pox and Black Eye

Josephine became very itchy on our vacation and we just thought she had some mosquito bites. She got more bites when we got home and she was often saying "itchy" and "owey" and scratching her neck like crazy. I would even hear her in the middle of the night in her sleep say "itchy". I finally took her to the doctor on Tuesday b/c I was beginning to think it was something else. Indeed it was something else. She was vaccinated for chicken pox but she got it any way. It's pretty mild compared to what it could be. It usually lasts 7-10 days or 2-3 weeks. Josie got the 2-3 week one. I think today is the first day she didn't get a new "bite". They were mostly around her neck and the pictures look worse then they actually were. She had one on each arm and a couple on her lower back and thigh, behind her ears and on her shoulder. She wasn't sick at all, just "itchy". Last night she fell over on top of her book she was holding and bruised her eye lid. It got purple pretty fast and swelled up. She woke up with it half shut. I said "poor thing" a couple times and she kept saying "poor thing". I didn't put in any stats for her 17 month update. She weighed in at the doctor's office this week at 21.5 lbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment