Sunday, September 11, 2011

Girls Weekend

Eric went away for the weekend so this is how Josie and I spent our time. It started on Friday since it's my day off. We went on a long run at Sawyer Camp Trail. Since Josie was such a good sport being stuck in her stroller for so long I took her to Coyote Point Beach so she could run around. I was disappointed by the lack of sand on the beach. Josie has fun anyway with her sand toys in the rocky sand and once I convinced her to put her toes in waters she could hardly stay away. It was so much warmer than I expected. Josie had fun running through the waves. 








It was windy at the beach but not quite as windy as the video makes it seem.


Friday night we went to the Stanford women's volleyball game with Tara, Lauren, & Rachel and cheered loudly as Stanford beat Penn St. in four games. They jump up to #1 in the National Ranking. Go Stanford. We both went to bed two hours passed our usual bed time.


Saturday, we slept in (well she slept in 'til 8 and I woke up at 6) and made pancakes for breakfast. 
 
Josie loves standing at the counter helping. She poured in the mix, water, applesauce, cinnamon and the egg with very little help. She used the whisk to stir it but that of course was a little more difficult.


She likes pouring so she poured her cantaloupe into a cup and nibbled on those.


 Then we got to sample our pancakes with blueberries on top. They were delicious.


We walked to the library and story time just happened to be starting....


 After hearing a couple stories, playing and reading some more we walked down town to get some lunch at Speederia Pizza.

 Next stop was the Reading Bug. After we read Goldi Locks Has Chicken Pox we kept discovering more corners of the store that had fun play areas that we've never seen before. When I was at the register paying for a birthday gift I looked over at Josie in the next section over and she was sitting in the middle of the train table.

 Next stop was the Thrift Store. We walked out with two books for 81 cents.

 We were on our way to Burton Park and we ran into Tara, Lauren, and Caleb. They also had been to the Library, downtown and were on their way to the Thrift Store. We snagged Caleb and headed to the park.
Josie with her buddy Caleb.

 At last Josie could take a long awaited nap while mom walked 45 min. home up hills and in what seemed like 110 degree weather with no hat. I did put on another layer of sun screen and was a big sweat ball when I got home. The transfer was successful and she slept another 2 hours in her bed. All in all in was a great day and I knocked off 14,202 steps just in the walk.

Sunday morning we went on a run, took a few turns on the slide at the end of the run. We were 15 minutes late to church and the nursery. After Josie played in the Emma Park, went home for a quick lunch and 3 hr nap.




Yeah, Daddy's home at last!





No comments:

Post a Comment