Sunday, August 5, 2012

2 1/2 years old

On Aug 2nd Josie turned 2.5. We were still on vacation so I'm a few days late but wanted to highlight some things from the past month before posting vacation pictures. Josie had a hard two weeks before we left making it to the potty on time but since we left for vacation 10 days ago she's done great. Whew, I hope she's through that. Today I changed a diaper while volunteering in the church nursery and realized I hadn't done that for Josie in over two months! Josie can now spell her name. She keeps practicing writing it but can't really write any letters yet. She's frequently asking what words mean or why things are done a certain way. Today watching Olympic volleyball she asked why do they push the ball over the net? She continues to make up songs and wants to sing songs in the car along with a cd. She's gotten pretty good with games/books/puzzles on my iphone which came in handy on some of the longer car rides and flights. Her current favorite thing to do is organize. When we arrived at my friend Heather's in Winter Park she immediately wanted to organize something.

I asked her to put away the utensils from the dishwasher and once she did she wanted to organize the whole drawer. So she had to put everything back in the holder.


Organizing blocks by color and by size.

 She loves to organize her beads.

 At Heather's vacation condo in Winter Park we were a little desperate to find stuff for her to organize. It was not Heather's idea to organize matches but she had a whole bag and it provided hours of organizing fun. At one point she had a huge "snake" of matches on the floor.

Organizing Heather's silverware.

As soon as we got home she found a box of hand-me-down shoes in her room and she quickly began to organize them and put  ribbons inside some of them

Dinosaur getting a time-out.
 

 We're now taking a break from swim lessons.


Karen and Katie came to watch the lesson after camping earlier in July. After swimming Josie likes to read books from the library in the lobby.
  

We found some tap shoes at the thrift store and now Josie doesn't have to use her "church" shoes for tap shoes. She loves her shoes so much she wore them for her nap. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Josie is so adorable. I can't get over how long her hair is. I LOVE how she organizes everything, even the matches and shoes. So cute. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete