Josie started her My Gym class today. We signed up for the next 4 weeks at 9:15. Kaira's in the class too. At the end of class they got to ride the zip line. Favorite part of class for Josie.
After class when Josie was putting her shoes on she slipped off the
bench and hit her face against the metal window pane. She split the side
of her face open. It wasn't big but slightly deep so after consulting
with gram I called the Kaiser nurse hot line. Since there's no urgent
care center I had to take her to the ER.
While checking in at Josie said she wanted to be a doctor when she grows up. First time I heard her say that. We waited about 5 min. and read a Fancy Nancy book. Once in the treatment room we waited another 5 min. and read another Fancy Nancy book.

The med tech cleaned her wound. She said it tickled and laughed nervously.

The doctor came back in and put on the steri-strips and glue. He said this method would be less traumatic and be no difference cosmetically. She didn't fuss once and answered questions when asked. At one time she asked why she had to wait so long. The doctor was cutting a strip when Josie said that. He smiled. Our whole visit took 45 min.

The med tech came back and took her to pick out a stuffed animal and some stickers. At home she made a bed for her little tiger. As we walked out of the ER Josie said, "That was fun". There were some trees by the parking lot and she immediately wanted to climb a tree. I boosted her up and before I knew it she was almost of out reach. She finally came back down with lots of coaxing.
We stopped at Sigonas market to buy some fruit and veggies and Josie got to pick out a fruit bar. She managed to eat almost the whole strawberry creme bar while I pushed her in the cart until the last bit slipped off the stick to the floor.
Such a big girl.


No comments:
Post a Comment