Tuesday, July 2, 2013

3 yrs 5 months

This is a long one since I haven't posted in awhile. 
A few of her recent sayings:
We were looking for something in her room and I found it tucked away somewhere and she sang out "Super Mom". I asked her why she didn't say hi to someone that had just walked by and said hi to her. She said "I'm allergic to people". Out of the blue one day she said, "When I grow up I want to be a tent". She keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh. 
Josie has some interesting ways of writing her name. Cracks me up that she stills uses a dot for her s.
She spent a couple hours at Gaya's house while I hiked with a friend. They had lunch ready for the 3 of us when I got back. Gaya passed on some baby dolls to Josie which she's had fun playing with and dressing up in her pants for blankets.
 
Cousins Sophia and Lori are in town for a couple months and Rebecca came to visit for the weekend so we stopped by Gaylynne and Bill's. Sophia's international jetlag finally caught up with her so had just fallen asleep when we arrived and off to bed she went. Josie had fun dancing with Rebecca. We look forward to a fun summer with Sophia. She turns 5 next month.
 What a fun evening Josie and I had when Rachel and Jamie came over for dinner. Eric was gone for the evening.
 Josie being her goofy self.
 Serious jumping with her buddy Caleb.
While jumping Josie says to Caleb you be the baby and I'll be the daddy. Hard to hear it in the video.
Fun at My Gym

Our little fashionista.
 Just like cousin Katie Josie likes to bite into a fresh tomato (even for breakfast).
 
checking out Shuli and Satoshi's home grown cabbage. It was delicious.

 Even on a car ride Josie likes to bring along her tools. She was busy with a project. Just like her dad although dad doesn't wear a ballet outfit while building.
 We had a great day walking in and out of shops in Menlo Park. One was a pet shop showing off pups up for adoption. Another pet shop had kittens for adoption.
 Josie and I ran the Lucille Packard Children's Hospital 5k. We actually came in 3rd place for my age group (it was a slow group). Very fun event, very kid oriented. Josie did a fun run and got a medal. 
When I went in to wake her up for the run her borrowed big dog was snuggled on top of her. We rushed out to make the run in time.

She got to climb aboard a fire truck.
Family got together to celebrate Matt's birthday. We went around the table and said what we appreciate about him. It was very sweet and funny.
 Hanging with the cousins and then wanted a "double hug" with Gahaus and Uncle Bill

Apparently Josie says the Pledge of Allegiance at school. Didn't know she knew this.

No comments:

Post a Comment