There's a couple events I wanted to document that don't involve Josie.
Shirley invited all the ladies to a tea at Filoli Gardens. What a lovely time we had.



Four of us went on a great hike on Friday afternoon and again on Sunday. We saw this ski lift tower and thought it would be fun to climb it. As we got closer it looked a little scarier and we had to stand on each other's shoulders to reach the ladder. It was a great view from the top. On Friday that was a far as we hiked and headed down the mountain running down the trail to make it in time for dinner. Saturday we were determined to find the lakes we'd been hearing about and it was so hot, in the 90's. We found the lake and took a refreshing dip.

On Monday I did go to Kaiser for an x-ray and sure enough it was broken. 8 weeks in a cast. Since I already had purple toe nails and purple spray-painted crutches I borrowed I knew I needed a purple cast.

Shirley invited all the ladies to a tea at Filoli Gardens. What a lovely time we had.


Kelly, Allison, Shirley, Kirsten, Jody, Gaylynne
On the way out we saw a mama deer and her three little ones.

The next weekend I went on a women's retreat in Tahoe with 12 other ladies from PCC. We stayed in a friend's cabin. I met some fabulous women and reconnected with some others I've known for over 10 years but just see in passing at church. Eric and Josie went camping with Uncle Bill, Aunt Gaylynn, Lori, and almost 5 yr old Sophia. I left for my retreat on Thursday around 10am and got home Sunday around 10pm. It was a great weekend had by all. Below are some views around the cabin.


Four of us went on a great hike on Friday afternoon and again on Sunday. We saw this ski lift tower and thought it would be fun to climb it. As we got closer it looked a little scarier and we had to stand on each other's shoulders to reach the ladder. It was a great view from the top. On Friday that was a far as we hiked and headed down the mountain running down the trail to make it in time for dinner. Saturday we were determined to find the lakes we'd been hearing about and it was so hot, in the 90's. We found the lake and took a refreshing dip.
We had trouble finding the path again so scrambled over boulders and
eventually found it. Since I was on dinner duty and we were running late
two of us decided to keep scrambling down the side of the mountain and
the other two took the path. Unfortunately at some point I rolled my
ankle. It didn't hurt terribly but I knew I messed up my ankle. I
managed to hobble over brush and creeks and we eventually found the
trail and Lisa even carried me on her back part of the way once we were
on the path. I was well cared for the rest of the retreat and iced it
for the next 24 hours until we left and even the whole way home in the
car. 20 min. on 20 min. off. After advil for the first 24 hours I never
needed it again.
This was my view Saturday evening and Sunday.
This was my view Saturday evening and Sunday.

On Monday I did go to Kaiser for an x-ray and sure enough it was broken. 8 weeks in a cast. Since I already had purple toe nails and purple spray-painted crutches I borrowed I knew I needed a purple cast.


No comments:
Post a Comment