Our Halloween festivities started with the Goblin Walk in downtown San Carlos the Friday before Halloween from 4-6. They close the main street and kids go trick-or-treating in the shops and restaurants. It was mobbed with people. Kaira and Josie had fun. I asked Josie what she wanted to wear and showed her this princess dress we had just brought back from Katie. She said, "I can't stop gazing at how beautiful it is." Josie and I walked, with her in the jog stroller, from our house and then Eric met us there. She didn't need to put her sweater on until we were leaving at like 6ish. It was a beautiful afternoon/evening.


Eric and Josie had their ritual of carving a pumpkin on an evening when I'm away. I just saw the beginnings and then the finished product lit with a candle when I got home. They also went to buy a skeleton head with glowing eyes to put outside. It was by our front door so no one could see it from the street but Josie enjoyed it.

Halloween evening the little pals went trick-or-treating together on Eucalyptus St. in San Carlos. This was our first year visiting the street for Halloween. Let me just say these people are nutsy (even more so at Christmas). They go over the top with decorations. The theme was Wizard of Oz.

A glimpse of what we saw: Over the rainbow; lollipops in Munchkin Land; the yellow brick road; the Emerald City; wicked witch's legs and ruby slippers; witch passing out candy

More decorations

Josie and her silly faces. Gahaus made this cute costume for one of Josie's older cousins. She really wanted to wear it. We tried it on the night before and I noticed it was a little short. Fortunately Kaira had a cozy pair of brown boots for Josie to borrow.

Because there were swarms of kids, all the young ones were out like us between 5-6, candy was passed out in front of the house instead of ringing the door bell. We bumped into Adriana who lives across the street from us. One house had all these cool carvings on their pumpkins, probably a dozen or so. Later I asked Josie what was her favorite thing about trick-or-treating and she said being with Kaira. They have such a sweet friendship. So thankful for their family.

We stopped by Janet and Stephen's and got some yummy Halloween cookies.

Next stop we saw John and Jody who were at a friend's house just up the street from Janet and Stephen, but we didn't get pictures. We then zipped over to see Gahuas and Grandpa Rich. We had a delicious dinner of soup and salad and after Josie was happy to be by herself playing in "her room".

No comments:
Post a Comment