Josie started her new preschool at Heather School at the end of August. It meant she had to say goodbye to her teachers and friends at Yvette's school (home daycare). It wasn't really "good bye" b/c we knew we would have the opportunity to go back and visit and maybe even spend a day.
Josie wanted to write cards for all her friends and for Yvette.
Yvette's card says, "I love you Yvette. It is my last day and I miss you so much. I love you. Bye bye. Josie." I'm pretty impressed with her writing.

She basically wrote the same for each friend. "I love you, Anai. Bye Bye. See you soon". On the back it says Love Josie. She wrote one to Declan, Mimi & Ella, Pietro, Mazarine & Christopher. That was a lot of writing.

Hugs to Anai

Hugs to Delores & Jeaneth

Josie's first day of school at Heather. It was an usual week because she had a weird illness. I think she had the after effect of some kind of virus and developed Childhood Benign Acute Myositis. (At least that's what I found online. It described her symptoms to a tee, even the intermittent pain.) She had terrible leg pain. It hurt to walk or to touch her calf muscles at all. When I say she was in pain she would scream out in pain. It was so sad to see her like this. She could not walk on her first day of school. As long as she wasn't moving she wasn't in pain. Not easy to be in school and not be able to move very well. She was a trooper. She picked out her outfit for her first day. Pictures at home and at school.


The pain started on Monday. She went to school on Tues and Wed and couldn't do too much. Wed afternoon I took her in to her doctor and by the time we saw her the pain was dissipating. She was able to run down the hallway before we left. We thought maybe she was fine. Thursday her back started hurting when I dropped her off at Gahaus. It was so awful I picked her up early and took her home. It was her back and legs. They were all so painful to the touch which meant even carrying her was difficult. It didn't stop her from playing monopoly. She asked me to move her piece for her b/c it hurt too much to stretch her arm across the board.

Video of her walking in pain. She was able at times to walk on her tip toes.
On Friday that week I took her to the park on the way to doing some errands down town. I thought I could at least push her in the swing. Then she wanted me to carry her to the top of the slide. She wanted to go again. Video shows her crawling over to the slide. Very rigid movements. It wasn't long before she was walking on her tiptoes holding on to things and then eventually walking awkwardly on her own for short bursts.
We went down town and she was in the Bob stroller. She wanted to get out and take a picture by the sculpture decorated with Back to School theme.

We enjoyed a nice lunch out at a fav sandwich spot called Gherkins. They give lots of little pickles.
Saturday & Sunday still in pain but walking some by Sunday afternoon as shown in the video although still painful.
Monday was Labor Day and she came crawling out of bed like she'd been doing the last few days. Sad site to see her crawl into the bathroom in the morning to go potty. She was playing in her room and at one point she came walking out. I said, "Josie you're walking!" She said, "Do you want to see me run?" There you go. No more pain after that. After one week it was gone. It was a crazy week wondering what was going on. Since I saw the article about the myositis I was pretty sure it would go away but not so sure how long it would take. It was easy watching her in pain. It also wasn't easy carrying her every where. Sure made a thankful that God gave us a healthy little girl and that this was temporary. Thanks to all who prayed for her.
Finally some better school pictures without the trauma. She loves being in school with her best buddy Kaira.

We walk part way to school. She's carry panda in her dress. Later to become her rest-time mate. She carries her lunch on her back.

No comments:
Post a Comment