Josie and I drove to Santa Barbara on Thursday Oct 2 around 2 and arrived a little after 7. We got to see my parent's new home at Samarkand. It's so cozy and decorated beautifully. Josie was so excited to see Gram's bedroom cupboard with little toys and books for Josie to play with.

She also found my old recorder to play

She spent time in Gram's room "alone" doing some crafts
Living room/dining room
Outside their front door

Friday Oct 3rd was Papa's birthday.
Birthday hugs for Papa!

Birthday breakfast

Playing Monopoly Jr
Karen, Luke, & Katie came to swim at the pool and then we went to the dining room for dinner.

Then back to their house for homemade German chocolate cake and books before bed.
It was a really hot weekend. I slept outside on the back patio. Every morning my dad wakes up and watches the sunrise. I got to experience it too. Lovely!

We went with Karen, Katie, Gram and Papa to the aquarium at the wharf. Josie and I had never been before. It was interactive and fun. Not many people which was nice.
Digging up sand and "life" to look through under the microscope

Clean off the debris and then you use tweezers to pull out things to look at more closely.

We went to a pumpkin patch that we visited last year so we could run through the maze. Last year we went during the day. It's a whole different ballgame at night, running through the corn maze in the dark. It was a little scary and I'm not sure how we found our way out.

We got to take a spooky hay ride.

Sunday morning breakfast and reading A Fly Went By (my book from when I was a little girl)

Soccer with Papa before he left for church. View from their place.




One last swim with Gram

Video of pool fun
Just before we headed home

Goodbye for now Samarkand

No comments:
Post a Comment