Monday, March 2, 2015

5 yrs 1 month

It feels like we just celebrated Josie's birthday and already one month has gone by. Where are the days, months going? I don't want her to grow up too fast. She just had her 5 yr old check up. She's just under 37 lbs and in the 28th percentile. For height she's 42.25 inches and in the 43rd percentile. Here hearing is perfect and her vision is 20/30. At this age they don't do anything about vision until a kid is at 20/50. He said it might correct itself. I hope it's a few years until she needs glasses.
I did manage to write down a few funny things she said recently: While sitting on the pot, "I go pee pee first b/c I love going poop. It relaxes me. I like my poop. It scratches my bottom. I like pushing. It's like a test. It shows who's the strongest poop pusher. If I was in a poop contest there would have to be a million bathrooms. I might even win as best poop pusher." One evening after Josie was in bed I was working on my laptop sitting on the sofa. She came out to get some water or something. I just realized and mentioned I hadn't made her lunch for school yet. She said, "work is important but school's important too. Will you please get up and make my lunch!" Daddy made it that night. 


from shower to ready to go...
Josie and her crazy poses on her new birthday bed
Josie received a fun bday gift from Anai. Project Runway design book. Katie had it when she was little and now she has a more sophisticated design pad. Josie loves being a clothes designer like Katie.
 We had our annual bday celebration with Lorraine & Gaya. Gaya turned 16 in Jan. We had a yummy lunch and dessert. Such special friends. We got photo bombed by sock monkey.
 Josie wore the birthday crown at school the day after her birthday. A new friend, Olivia, recently moved to the area. Josie really likes her.
 
Shuli and Satoshi came over for dinner
 Josie asked Satoshi to help her put together her new carousal from Gahaus and Grandpa Rich. It even lights up in the dark.
 Josie wearing her new 2-piece leotard from Cousin's in CT. Notice her nice shoulder muscles.
Josie and I went to Ripon for the Almond Blossom parade. Cousin Bren hosts every year since the parade goes right by the family house. Her parents hosted for 40 years before her. Always fun to watch a small town parade and fun to see Bren and Scott.
Video of fun at the Ripon playground. Josie made some new friends.

Video of dancing horse in the parade
Watching the Almond drive by in a convertible.
Dorothy stopped by for lunch and then made a visit to princess Izzy.
 Izzy came for a dinner date to our house. They played "Project Runway" with just the runway part. Under Josie's bed behind the curtain was the dressing room.
They took a break from the runway to go to flower girl school.
   Video of dancing in gowns
 
 They wanted mom to dress up and help clean up. The dressing room grew.
Dinner time - make your own pizza and miniature ice cream cones for dessert.
Josie got invited to Bella and Emma's bday party at Pump It Up. Their Grandma Sharon works in my group. Peyton was there too and his mom also works with us. 
Hello baby Alina. Happy belated birthday.
 Ta da....
 Thanks for knitting the sweater Aunt Mil and thanks to Gram for taking off the arms to make it fit as a vest.
 Hiking at Pulgas Ridge. Followed Hermes and his owner to the unleash area. Haven't explored that area before and we found some unexpected things.
 A teepee and fort right in the middle of a clearing. We played for awhile until the rain drops started. At one point we ducked under a tree until the drizzle stopped and then ran down the hill back to the car. It started getting chilly out and the sky was dark with rain clouds.
Love this happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment