Saturday, July 2, 2016

6 yrs 5 months

Josie's first book written by herself with best guess spelling.
At school they read the book the Book With No Pictures by BJ Novak. This is where she got her inspiration in case you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREyQJO9EPs. We got home around 6 and she went to her room and started writing. She finished two books around 9pm. She wouldn't stop for dinner. I was shocked by the results. She hasn't really written more than a sentence before this. See if you can figure out her words. The correct spelling is below each page. Smart little cookie!
 "The Book With No Pictures"
"This might seem boring. and I have some rules. Number 1: You have to say exactly what the books says like Boo Boo Bat! Number 2 there is no pictures...
 "Like cute kittens and puppies ok. So leave thos things behind ok. Now let's get back to our Book With No Pictures... oh I almost forgot and number 3 I am big you are really small. 'ok'. Now let's start the story. 'I thought it already started you told me' Stop! Now let me tell the story. 'But I thought that you already started'. Ok maybe I did please turn the page. 'Ok'.
Boo Boo Butt. Eeeeeeek. Butt Butt Cut Ec Ec etc. Booooo Booooo Buuutttt. 'Can I stop now?' No! 'Now can I'? No! Ok I guess so. 
The End.

Since there were only two days left for school she wrote a book for Mrs Logie.
 "The Thank You Book With No Pictures"
 "The thank you side. Thank you Mrs Logie for helping me write. If you did not teach me to write I would not make this for you. Thank You and Book. Thank You and the Book With No Pictures smushed together makes thank you boo boo banana."
"Ok maybe there can have 1 picture. But, 'but what'? But no, 'but no what'? No color. 'No color'? Yes, no color. (Pic of Mrs Logie and Josie. Thank You was holding the blue crayon and let it drop since no color allowed). The Book With No Pictures. Boo Boo Banana. Eeeeek. Ec Ec etc. Banana Banana Fofana. 'Ok no color'. Love Josie"

 For teacher appreciation week Josie's Daisy troop did a craft project. Each kinder teacher received a drawing from the Daisy's in their class in a nice frame. Josie and Dora were the only ones in Mrs Logie's class. Josie's is on the top.
 Josie's troop

 The troop visited Gamble Gardens in Palo Alto. Lilly's grandma is a volunteer there so she took us on a tour and Lilly's mom (Josie's Dr. Browne) read a book and had a seed planting project.
Kinder classes in room 1 & 2 put on a performance and breakfast to say thank you to the families.
Good morning song
Yellow song
Red song
White song
God Bless America
My Country Tis of Thee
Thank you song
 Sleepover with Izzy at our house
Reading to Izzy.
 At PCC 9:05 service. Josie and Izzy were coloring and Lucy, Emmy and Holland joined in. 
Playing Simon up high.
Simon video - first time she's gotten so many in a row.
Camperama - her good friend Izzy was there. Zadie was there too and a couple other kids from school.
We both got a much needed hair cut. Last one was right before school school started and now right after it ended.
Josie got to read to this sweet dog through Paws for Tales at Belmont library. Helena and Shauna hung out at the library and playground with us.


I've been looking forward to this for a long time. We finally get to run and bike together. It's been awhile since I went for a run on the Bay Trail pushing Josie in the Bob. Now she can bike along side me if she bikes slowly.
Video bike ride/jogging
Video swinging - she likes to stop at the par course along the way.
First day back to the PCC pool. Yeah summer!
PCC day camp. Josie had fun playing with Arielle and April.



Happy Summer! Family outing to Baskin Robins. A perfect, warm night for eating ice cream outside.
Zadie sleep over. These girls stayed up super late talking. I went to bed at 10:30 and I'm not sure what time they nodded off. When I got up at 7 this is how I found them.


No comments:

Post a Comment