Saturday, April 2, 2016

6 yrs 2 months

Another month has gone by and all the pics are crammed into one post. So many fun things this month. The highlight was a visit from Katie!
 
This girl continues to grow and she has taken off on her reading. So fun to see her reading and loving it. A whole new world has opened up for her. 
School field trip to Hidden Villa
Some of Josie's art from her art class
On a rainy day we went to watch synchronized swimming at Stanford. In the dive pool area there were from little kids to adults diving from 4 different boards.
Walking in the rain to school
 
Love this photo
Every 4-6 weeks I get to help out at "Centers" at school. Making Cat in the Hat.
St Patricks day celebrating our Irish roots thanks to Gram.
We went to see a high school performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. It was excellent. Hard for Josie and me not to sing along.
Josie has been wanted to have a party for a long time and since we didn't have Valentine's party she asked for an Easter party. Zadie and Kaira came over. The planning and decorating was the fun part.
She wanted hard boiled eggs and being the very clever creative mom that I am, I whipped up these eggs. I know, I know I should post on Pinterest. :-) Josie had the agenda all planned out. In between craft activities was snacks and then egg coloring. Two hours went by fast.
CPC had an egg hunt so Josie and Zadie went to that. It was outside in the church parking lot and it got chilly. Not for the kids of course. When it got dark by the end it was cold.
 Videos of jumpy fun
Joyful Noise sang in church at Trinity for Palm Sunday
choir video
Karen and Katie, along with Bo came for Easter weekend. They arrived on Wed night. Josie had a hip hop performance at school on Thursday so they got to take her to school and watch the perf and pick her up. Very special.
Walking home from school through the park on Friday.
 Karen took this out the window driving home one afternoon. It was so close.
 We spent quite a bit of time at the dog park by Heather school. Janet and Quinn (red coloring) met us there one day. Bo is mini Austrailian Shepard and Quinn is regular Aust Shep. Same age about 5 months old.
Jumprope video - Josie and Katie got lots of jump rope time at the dog park. 
 
Josie reading to Aunt Karen
 Josie was Super Kid all week and her special guest on Friday was Katie reading to the class. Katie is a natural and it turns out she wants to be a 
kinder teacher.
 
Questions Josie had to answer: This is what I look like. This is my family. Favorite place to visit. She put a pic of her with Gram and Papa to represent SB. When I grow up I want to be a Pet Shop owner. My favorite thing to do is play with Beanie Boos. If I had one wish I would wish for "that Sniffles still would be here."
Music for Minors instructor and performance on Friday
 
Video of Betty Martin song
 On Saturday Josie and I went to the Memorial Service for our little friend Juliet. Her former preschool created this garden in her honor.
Saturday afternoon we went to visit Uncle Hank. We interviewed him for a project Katie was doing and it was super interesting hearing him talk about the war. He talked for about 90 minutes. Then he played us our favorite Easter Hymns and some oldies. Karen made some soup so we ate a quick dinner with him before heading home. I think he enjoyed having us.
Piano video
Easter table at Church
We went to Shirley and Rich's for lunch. Jody, John and Matt were there and Rod, Kelly, Paige and the twins, Wyatt and Grant. Rich's brother Bob was there too. Very nice afternoon. We were all spoiled with the weather, good food and Easter treats.
Thursday 3/31 we met at a Mexican restaurant for Tia's bday. Most of her immediate family was there and a few friends. Very spontaneous gathering. Newest member is her great niece.
On April Fools' Day the kinders had a wacky egg hunt.
 video

No comments:

Post a Comment