Josephine is supposed to gain about an ounce a day. For the first 4 weeks she gained an average of 1 and a 1/2 ounces per day. She started at 7.2 oz at birth. She had the typical weight loss after birth and then gained it back by her one week apt. At her two week apt. she had gained about 14 oz. She was up to 8lbs. At 4 wks I weighed her at the mommy's group at Kaiser and she was 9.5 oz and this week at mommy's grp she was 9.11 oz. Our little bugaboo is eating great and growing bigger daily. The last two nights she slept from her 10pm feeding until a little after 5am. The first night I awoke at 3:30 to check on her. When I awoke at 5:20 this morning I was surprised it was so late. I could hear little grunting sounds coming from her room. She ate and then went back to sleep. We'll see if that continues. She's a happy little baby. Not sure what is up with her hair.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Weight gain and sleeping habits
Josephine is supposed to gain about an ounce a day. For the first 4 weeks she gained an average of 1 and a 1/2 ounces per day. She started at 7.2 oz at birth. She had the typical weight loss after birth and then gained it back by her one week apt. At her two week apt. she had gained about 14 oz. She was up to 8lbs. At 4 wks I weighed her at the mommy's group at Kaiser and she was 9.5 oz and this week at mommy's grp she was 9.11 oz. Our little bugaboo is eating great and growing bigger daily. The last two nights she slept from her 10pm feeding until a little after 5am. The first night I awoke at 3:30 to check on her. When I awoke at 5:20 this morning I was surprised it was so late. I could hear little grunting sounds coming from her room. She ate and then went back to sleep. We'll see if that continues. She's a happy little baby. Not sure what is up with her hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment