Gram & Papa arrived on the train on a Tuesday night. We met them at the San Jose train station. We gave Papa breakfast in bed to celebrate his belated 75th birthday.

Gram & Josie painted Josie's bathroom stool. Gram did a great job and it's a pretty red color. Josie helped daddy make the stool and now got to help paint it. She's so proud.

We had a great evening at the Zappa Italian Circus in Redwood City.
We went to happy hour at Milagros and then enjoyed a nice warm evening at the circus. Three Italian 5th generation circus families put on the whole performance. The youngest performer was 3. He wore a matching clown outfit with his daddy. We all loved it. The small tent and intimate setting with some great acts made for a very entertaining evening.


On Friday we tried to go to a pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay but there was an accident and traffic backed up so we headed to Webb Ranch instead. It was a hot day.



On Friday night our cousins (Kurt and Stephen & Janet) came over for dinner and we watched a great Giants game.
![]() |

Some dear friends from Boston were visiting SF and planned to drive to SB with my parents stopping along the way in Big Sur etc. They met us at Stanford and we toured around and ate lunch at the Cool Cafe at the Stanford Museum. It was so fun to see them. I've know Ruth my whole life and I'm glad she had a chance to meet Josie. They've been with my parents many times but I haven't seen them since my brother's wedding 15 or so years ago.

I've been wanting to go up to the top of Hoover Tower for 20 years since I've been working at Stanford and I finally did it. The fountain was turned red in honor of the Big Game (Stanford won again!). Nice view from the top.
Some Rodin sculptures around campus and at the museum and Memorial church.



No comments:
Post a Comment