Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Birthday

On Dec 30th Eric and Josie brought me breakfast in bed. Eric made Swedish pancakes from scratch, with a side of lingonberries, egg and cheese scramble with bacon, and a side of fruit. Yummy!
 Josie and I drove to SF to the Jewish Contemporary Museum.
 There were some great exhibits going on. Our favorites were Hardly Strictly and J. Otto Seibold.
 They have a lot of hands on experiences for kids.
 Warren Hellman put on the free Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in SF for decades. He passed away in 2011. That's the year we attended to hear the Anderson Family Bluegrass Band. The exhibit had a big screen playing music from the concerts. You can see in the background lawn chairs set up and blankets to sit and listen for awhile. They also had head phones to listen to your choice of bands. We listened to the Anderson's.
 One of the reasons I wanted to go was I saw they've opened this Jewish deli since the last time I was there. We shared matzo ball soup for lunch and a bialy with cream cheese with pickles on the side. Yum!
 Seibold is a children's author. They exhibit was very hands on with a passport to stamp after visiting the different areas. In the family art room they were making canoes representing Mr Lunch and his canoe.
 It was a sunny, beautiful day, and warm in the sun.
  Josie had fun chasing the pigeons. In one of the books Mr Lunch won an award for being the best chaser of pigeons.
 St Patricks Cathedral is right next door so we walked through the sanctuary.
 Across the street is Yerba Buena Gardens. We walked through the fountain area and saw the quotes from MLK Jr.
 We had dinner at Stephen, Janet, and Evan's to watch Stanford play in the Bowl. Fun that they won!
 One of the highlights was listening to Evan play the piano. Janet played also and then Stephen played and I requested a song her wrote probably 35 years ago. I remember listening to him play in our living room and even tape recorded him playing and singing. Janet remembered the song and sang along with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment